Hello, I'm Kristi Palmer, your Women's Studies Librarian. I am happy to assist with all your history research needs. Please don't hesitate to contact me.
How I can help:
- One-on-one research assistance in person, via phone, email
- Topic development
- IUCAT search assistance
- Database search assistance
- Help finding primary resources
- Overall research process organization
- Citation style assistance
- Research guides and information sessions tailored to your class
- General information literacy sessions. Learn more about IUPUI University Library Information Literacy Competencies.
- Topic selection
- Primary vs. secondary resource
- How to find book reviews
- Scholarly vs. popular resources
- How to search IUCAT for beginners and the more advanced researcher
- Search startegies for article indexing databases
- Search strategies for primary resources
- Referral for student one-on-one research assistance
You are the expert in your area of research but I may be able to offer insight on search strategies in new information sources. Please don't hesitate to let me know what you are working on. I'm happy to meet with Graduate Assistants that are supporting your research efforts. Additionally, If I know what you are working on, I keep this in mind while making purchases for the library.
Library Resource Purchasing
Never hesitate to request purchases of books, films, audio, databases, journals, etc. I can't gaurantee fulfillment of every request but I try very hard to purchase material that will be of most use to your research and our students' research.
Scholarly Output Sharing and Preservation
University Library supports a variety of mechanisms for sharing and preserving your published, unpublished scholarly output as well as the primary resource materials (datasets, photos, historic documents, etc.) collected during your research. Check out our Program of Digital Scholarship to learn more about our institutional repository IUPUIScholarWorks, our Open journal publishing system, our cultural heritage digital collections, our data management services, and our Faculty Digitization Grants.
The library is here to support your research. If you have a research or instructional request not listed here, just ask!