Quick Help; scroll down for more options
Also, access 3 more TCM research guide pages via red tabs above. Tabs include "mouse-over" details.
Get quick resource or research strategy tips via phone whenever the library is open at:
At far right, see contact options to send a question, or propose a phone- or in-person consultation with subject specialists Randall Halverson or May Jafari (scroll down). Please provide several times that you are available; we will respond!
Short video tutorials on how to use EBSCO databases or EI Compendix (Engineering Village) to find articles are linked on the left side of guide tab/page "Find, Access, & Cite Articles".
FAQs and tutorials regarding research vocabulary and academic expectations are linked at right.
Remote access to resources
To access library resources from off-campus:
2. Then access a resource that you are interested in
1. Use a "library" link each time you need to access a resource.
2. Library links include proxy server code to "authenticate": log in to the library's server via an IU pop-up window, and use the resource.
How Do I?/FAQs
Videos on Research Concepts
Identify a peer-reviewed/refereed Journal? (Courtesy of ASU libraries)
University Library research skills tutorials*:
Citing Sources (1.5 minutes)
Open and Hidden Web (3 minutes)
Popular or Scholarly? (6 minutes)
- On a pc: look for tiny icons in the upper right of the browser screen. Move your cursor over each icon or link to see see what these do. One should give you the option to open the tutorial via Adobe Reader. Internet Explorer may work better than Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- On a mac: Safari may work better than Chrome or Firefox.
**Technical note: The Coastal Carolina tutorials generally download and run automatically. If not, try a different Internet browser.
Subject Librarians Randall H. & May J. (below)
274-3668; UL 2140C. I'm happy to support your classwork or research. Use Oncourse messages, checking "send copy to email"), or voicemail to leave a question or times you could meet. For S'14, I'm at "Ask a librarian" chat help most Mondays 3pm - 5pm.