Need help . . . ?
. . . starting your research?
Try these great information skills online tutorials created at Virginia Tech.
. . . citing your sources?
A print copy of the APA Publication Manual, 6th ed. is shelved in REFERENCE under call number BF76.7. P83 2010. See examples of citations.
NEW! World Tourism Organizations new Global Report on Cith Tourism. [pdf]
Career Information (Note: many professional organization websites also provide career information. See the tab at the top of the page.)
- To find out about a specific occupation or topic, use the Search box that is on every page—enter your search term in the box.
- To find out about many occupations, browse through listings using the Occupations links that are on the left side of each page.
- For a listing of all occupations in alphabetical order, go to the A-Z Index and select a letter.
O*NET occupational information database.
Demographic and Statistical Information
- Hoosiers by the Numbers is a fairly user-friendly statistics database administered by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development and features information for employers, job seekers, and economic developers. It offers many options for focusing on specific areas, cities, and industries.
- SAVI Interactive is a one-stop source for data and information for Central Indiana communities and organizations. It provides local data about the social, economic, and physical conditions of neighborhoods, townships, and counties, and other geographic areas such as school districts. SAVI summarizes these data into community profiles and allows users to view and analyze detailed data in interactive maps, charts, and tables.
- STATS Indiana is the information utility for the State of Indiana and receives major support from the State through the Indiana Department of Workforce Development and from the Lilly Endowment, Inc. It is a service of the Indiana Business Research Center at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business.
- Prendismo Collection contains over 15,000 short video clips on a wide variety of business topics, including business plans, corporate social responsibility, creativity, diversity in the workplace, ethics, globalization, leadership, life balance, networking, personal strategy and style, social entrepreneurship, sports marketing and management, sustainability, teamwork, and time management. The library's subscription allows you to view video clips for free, but there is a 99¢ fee (payable online by credit card or PayPal) if you wish to download a clip. Prendismo is the result of the eClips project at Cornell University.
Tests & Measures
- PsycTESTS is a repository for a growing selection of psychological tests and measures, including thousands of actual test instruments and test items that are available for immediate download and use in research and teaching. International in scope, PsycTESTS® also provides access to an increasing number of tests that are available in languages other than English. PsycTESTS® is an authoritative source of structured information about tests of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. While focused on contemporary instances of test use, coverage spans more than a century.
IUPUI University Library