SEE ADDITIONAL Resource Guide Pages via Tabs at left.
ADVANCED HELP: For other support, contact resource specialist Randall Halverson (firstname.lastname@example.org). I'm happy to support your classwork or research. To meet, please send 2 or 3 days/times you could meet. Or contact me at the Ask Us chat box most Mondays 11am - 1pm during academic sessions.
Science students are eligible for writing support, including citing sources, via the campus University Writing Labs, and can take classes in the Technical Communication program. You can make appointments and find details via links at guide page "Write, cite, manage data".
Most library resources are "IP-filtered". When off the campus network, use one of the 3 methods listed below to access a resource. Smart phones can be used to access resources, but typically require a "remote access" strategy such as using a library link (with proxy code) even on campus.
1. Set up a VPN link; see The basics of VPN at IU.
2. Once you are using a VPN link, you can use your previously saved bookmark to the resource. In some cases, you can access a resource directly via an Internet search. Campus computer technology (UITS) Support Center staff can assist.
1. Use a "library" link to access a resource. This is required for the Books24x7 ITPro ebooks system.
2. a . If you know the resource database name, from the library homepage, follow links "Find Articles & More" to the "Databases A - Z" alphabetical lists of links. Find the appropriate letter list and scroll down to find the link.
2. b. To explore database options by subject, follow links "Guides to Research" to "Subject Guides". E&T program subject guides are linked under "Engineering & Technology". Access your program guide and then use either the upper red "articles" tab for article databases or upper red "books" tab for IUCAT or individual ebook resource links.
3. Library links have proxy code to "authenticate"; log in to IU pop-up window.
2. Run browser software through IUanyWare. Access resources via an Internet search or the library website.