Quick help; scroll down for more options
Tips, especially for general questions such as how to find and access library resources and services.
Advanced help with resources or research
See contact details at right to call or email subject librarian Randall Halverson, or meet at the library.
Remote access to resources
To access library resources from off-campus:
2. Then access a resource that you are interested in
1. Use a "library" link each time you need to access a resource.
2. Library links include proxy server code to "authenticate": log in to the library's server via an IU pop-up window, and use the resource.
Find articles via various EBSCO subject databases:
Find articles on specialized topics via Engineering Village (EI Compendix):
University Library research skills tutorials*:
Citing Sources (1.5 minutes)
Discovering Resources (8 minutes)
Open and Hidden Web (3 minutes)
Popular or Scholarly? (6 minutes)
*Technical notes: if a University Library tutorial does not download and start automatically:
- On a pc: look for tiny icons in the upper right of the browser screen. Move your cursor over each icon or link to see see what these do. One should give you the option to open the tutorial via Adobe Reader. Internet Explorer may work better than Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- On a mac: Safari may work better than Chrome or Firefox.
**Technical note: The Coastal Carolina tutorials generally download and run automatically. If not, try a different Internet browser.
IUPUI Writing Centers
These writing centers provide the opportunity to work one-on-one on writing assignments and projects with experienced readers and writers.
- The TCM Writing Lab is available to assist students affiliated with the School of Science or the School of Engineering & Technology with writing assignments.
- Scoll to the bottom left for contact details and a link to make an appointment. The lab is in room ET 232.
- The IUPUI University Writing Center (UWC) is available to all IUPUI students, faculty, and staff. Services and Resources for International Students
UWC locations: Cavanaugh Hall (CA 008H) and University Library (UL 2125).
274-3668; UL 2140C. I'm happy to support your classwork or research. Use Oncourse messages, checking "send copy to email"), or voicemail to leave a question or times you could meet. For this semester, I'm at "Ask a librarian" chat help Mondays 3pm-5pm.