Most library resources are "IP-filtered". When off the campus network, use one of the 3 methods listed below to access a resource. Smart phones can be used to access resources, but typically require a "remote access" strategy such as using a library link (with proxy code) even on campus.
1. Set up a VPN link; see The basics of VPN at IU. For the most reliable connections across the widest range of platforms and network configurations, UITS recommends connecting to the VPN with the Pulse Secure SSL VPN client. The benefit to this method is that as long as you are logged in, you can open and close browser windows just as you would on-campus.
2. Once you are using a VPN link, you can use your previously saved bookmark to the resource. In some cases, you can access a resource directly via an Internet search. Campus computer technology (UITS) Support Center staff can assist.
1. Use a "library" link to access a resource. This is required for the Books24x7 ITPro ebooks system.
2. a . If you know the resource database name, from the library homepage ulib.iupui.edu, access page "Resources", scrolling down to the "Databases A - Z" alphabetical lists of links. Find the appropriate letter list and locate the resource link.
2. b. To explore database options by subject, use tab "Guides", selecting option "Subject Guides". E&T program subject guides are linked under "Engineering & Technology". Access your program subject guide and browse guide pages to see resources for finding articles, books, etc.
3. Library links have proxy code to "authenticate"; log in to IU pop-up window.
2. Run browser software through IUanyWare. Access resources via an Internet search or the library website.
Reference Sources (Online)
These can be accessed by search for the title at IUCAT: iucat.iu.edu
The Oxford dictionary of music 2012 Edition:6th ed.
The Grove dictionary of American music 2013 Edition:Second edition.
The Grove dictionary of musical instruments :2014 Edition:Second edition.
Understanding and crafting the mix the art of recording Author:Moylan, William 2015 Edition:3rd ed.
Music apps for musicians and music teachers Author:Axford, Elizabeth C.,2015
A composer's guide to game music Author:Phillips, Winifred 2014 MIT Press.
The Oxford handbook of music revival 2014
The mixing engineer's handbook Author:Owsinski, Bobby 2013 Edition:3rd ed.
The music tech dictionary a glossary of audio-related terms and technologies Author:Gallagher, Mitch:2008
Encyclopedia of country music the ultimate guide to the music :2012 Edition:2nd ed.
The music industry handbook Author:Rutter, Paul, 1960- 2011
Music perception 2010 Springer handbook of auditory research.
The concise Garland encyclopedia of world music. Volume 1, Africa, South America, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, The United States and Canada, Europe, Oceania 2008
The Garland handbook of Latin American music 2008 Edition:2nd ed.
Icons of hip hop an encyclopedia of the movement, music, and culture 2007
The encyclopedia of popular music 2006 Edition:4th ed.
Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Popular Musicians Since 1990 2004
The Garland handbook of African music 1998