Quick Help; scroll down for more options
For useful tips, browse four more computer science research guide pages via tabs in ALL CAPS above.
Get quick resource or research strategy tips via phone whenever the library is open at:
Tips to effectively use computer science-related resources; or contact your computer science librarian! See contact details at far right.
Computer Science students are eligible for writing support, including citing sources, via either the campus University Writing Labs or the Technical Communications Writing Center. You can make appointments and find details at the left of guide page: WRITE, CITE, MANAGE DATA .
How do I get a full-text article? & other tips to save time and $
Access resources from anywhere, any time
Most library resources are "IP-filtered". Off the campus network, use one of the 3 methods listed below to access a resource. UITS technology Support Center staff can assist as needed.
1. Use a "library" link to access a resource. This is required for Books24x7.
2. From the library homepage, follow links from main Research link "Guides to Research" to "Subject Guides", or from "Find Articles & More" to "Databases A - Z" lists of links.
2. Library links have proxy code to "authenticate"; log in to IU pop-up window.
1. Set up a VPN link; see The basics of VPN at IU.
2. Access resources directly via an Internet search, a browser bookmark, or the library website.
2. Run browser software through IUanyWare. Access resources via an Internet search or the library website.
274-3668; UL 2140C. I'm happy to support your classwork or research. Use Oncourse messages, checking "send copy to email"), or voicemail to leave a question or times you could meet. For F'14, I'm at "Ask a librarian" chat help most Mondays 3pm-5pm