Quick help; scroll down for help options and access tips
Get quick tips to find what you need.
Need More Help?
See TABS in ALL CAPs above for three more resource pages. For other support, see contact details at far right for resource specialist Randall H.
Remote access to resources
To access library resources from off-campus:
2. Then access a resource that you are interested in
1. Use a "library" link each time you need to access a resource.
2. Library links include proxy server code to "authenticate"; that is, log in to the library's server via an IU pop-up window, and use the resource.
SAVE TIME and $ via the library; scroll down for research videos
- For undergraduates, Take 8 workshops on Professionalism and earn $50
- Obtain excellent books or ebooks on needed topics for free. See the "Locate Books/eBooks" tab/page linked above. Search "IUCAT" via simple keyword combinations such as Maya AND animation or database design. See "Limit your search" options to lower left, such as limit "Publication Year" to "last 3 years".
- If you have trouble finding a clear, well written book or ebook, first do your search at the Amazon.com books page. Look in IUCAT for books Amazon rates highly in its search results. We can help: 1) the library AskaLibrarian service or 2) Randall H: email@example.com
- If you need to do research, don't pay online for an excellent article or paper. See the "finding articles" tab/page linked above for more details and resource links.
- Use Google Scholar, which includes "FindIt at IUPUI" links to full-text copies of articles. Off the campus network, access "library settings"; search and add the IUPUI linking option.
- Library databases list many recent articles not shown in Google Scholar. For promising search hits, if it doesn't show, click the hot-linked article title to look for an article abstract (summary). If the article is relevant, click the article's "FindIt" link. Then 1) access the article via an "Article" or "Journal" link or 2) easily order a copy from the library using link "Interlibrary Loan at IUPUI".
Videos on Research Concepts
Basics of APA Style (Use link "view the tutorial"; on a PC, use the vertical slider bar at the right to browse topics)
Coastal Carolina University Instructional Videos**: (humorous and short; last 3 minutes):
**Technical note: The Coastal Carolina tutorials generally download and run automatically. If not, try a different Internet browser.
274-3668; UL 2140C. I'm happy to support your classwork or research. Use Oncourse messages, checking "send copy to email"), or voicemail to leave a question or times you could meet. For F'14, I'm at "Ask a librarian" chat help most Mondays 3pm-5pm