Quick help; scroll down for help options
Get quick tips to find what you need.
More Help! Scroll down for research tutorials
See TABS in ALL CAPs above for three more resource pages. For other support, see contact details at far right for resource specialist Randall H.
Videos on Research Concepts
Basics of APA Style (Use link "view the tutorial"; on a PC, use the vertical slider bar at the right to browse topics)
Coastal Carolina University Instructional Videos**: (humorous and short; last 3 minutes):
**Technical note: The Coastal Carolina tutorials generally download and run automatically. If not, try a different Internet browser.
SAVE TIME and $; scroll down for access tips
- Contact Randall if you need an excellent, up-to-date book or ebook on a topic; win an IEEE pen, luggage tag, or mini-stapler for a suggestion for a useful research guide book example.
- Obtain excellent books or ebooks on needed topics for free. See the "Locate Books/eBooks" tab/page link above. Search "IUCAT" via simple keyword combinations such as Maya AND animation or database design.
- If you need to do research, don't pay online for an article or paper. See the "finding articles" tab/page link above for details and resource links.
"Remote Access" to resources from anywhere, any time
Most library resources are "IP-filtered". Off the campus network, use one of the 3 methods listed below to access a resource.
1. Set up a VPN link; see The basics of VPN at IU.
2. Once you are using a VPN link, you can use your previously saved bookmark to the resource. In some cases, you can access a resource directly via an Internet search. Campus computer technology (UITS) Support Center staff can assist.
1. Use a "library" link to access a resource. This is required for the Books24x7 ITPro ebooks system.
2. a . If you know the resource database name, from the library homepage, follow links "Find Articles & More" to the "Databases A - Z" alphabetical lists of links. Find the appropriate letter list and scroll down to find the link.
2. b. To explore database options by subject, follow links "Guides to Research" to "Subject Guides". E&T program subject guides are linked under "Engineering & Technology". Access your program guide and then use either the upper red "articles" tab for article databases or upper red "books" tab for IUCAT or individual ebook resource links.
3. Library links have proxy code to "authenticate"; log in to IU pop-up window.
2. Run browser software through IUanyWare. Access resources via an Internet search or the library website.
274-3668; UL 2140C. I'm happy to support your classwork or research. Use Oncourse messages, checking "send copy to email"), or voicemail to leave a question or times you could meet. For SS'15, I'm at "Ask a librarian" chat help most Wednesdays 1 - 3 pm.